My name is Elder Kyle Rasmussen. I'm a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. The message of the Church is one of joy and happiness. This message has given me this great joy and happiness in my life and now I want to share that same joy with everyone else. I know it can bless everyone's life and that Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Mediator

 


 I remember watching this movie in Sunday School when I was a kid.    Somehow it's always stuck with me and has left a lasting impression in my life.  It helps me really understand how necessary the Atonement of our Lord and Savior really is.  It helps me really understand how much He love us.  he wasn't required to pay the debt for us, He wasn't forced to do anything.  Everything He did was all voluntary, because He Loves us!!  

How wonderful it is that we have been given such a marvelous opportunity to be forgiven of all our mistakes.  Although there is more to the Atonement then this simple parable, it's real.  Our Savior lives and loves each and everyone of us.  His Sacrifice enables us to be cleansed from our sins and all the guilt and shame that accompanies them.  Because of Him, we can return to live again with our Father in Heaven.  We still have to do our part, but as the Mediator said "It will be possible."  I know this to be true.  I love my Savior and I know that He loves me and died for me so that I can return to live with Him and my Heavenly Father some day.

"For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God; for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all that we can do." - 2nd Nephi 25:23

No comments:

Post a Comment