My name is Elder Kyle Rasmussen. I'm a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. The message of the Church is one of joy and happiness. This message has given me this great joy and happiness in my life and now I want to share that same joy with everyone else. I know it can bless everyone's life and that Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Temple Trip


I finally got a chance to see the Palmyra temple this week. We were up there for a training and while a couple of our companions had to stay for more training I went with a couple of elders to walk around the temple. It was so great to see it and all the grounds. I loved the beautiful stain glass windows and the amazing stone work. I love temples!! I guess that's why I'm out here doing what I do. I want others to experience the joys and blessings I've felt while going to the temple. I have such a love for the temples because of the many great blessings that come as a result of temple work.

Because of the temple I know that my Father in Heaven loves me. I know that I will be together with my family for all time and eternity. I know that someday I will see my Grandpa Rasmussen again and he is always with me. He had such a love for the temple as well. I remember something profound he told me about the temple. The greatest and most insightful study of the scriptures he has ever had occurred while in the temple. I know this to be true, I've experienced it myself.

I know this Church is true and that the temple is really the House of the Lord. I know that God's love and Spirit are always present there, and that we can feel that same love when we go. I know God really does love us and cares about us. He loves our families and through the temple has provided us with the only way we can be together forever with them. I challenge you all to attend the temple as often as you can. I understand this may be difficult. I grew up in an area where 10 to 13 temples were within a 3 hours drive. The closet one to us was only a 15 minute drive. But I know that so many blessings are available if we attend the temple. If you are unable to attend start preparing now so you can become worthy of a recommend. I promise you that will you not regret it. I have never felt bad after going to the temple. I promise you all that by attending the temple, we will have the courage to take on whatever life has to offer. That our testimonies will increase and our love for the Savior will be even greater. I know this Church is true and Jesus Christ is my Savior. I know that my Redeemer Lives!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment